You can follow Drawing on the Word below:
Looking for some creative inspiration for your Bible reading?
Needing some verses of assurance?
Then you’re in the right place.
Maybe you're one of the following:
Hi. My name’s Robert. I’ve been a Christian most of my life, and currently worship at a vibrant Anglican church in South-West London.
I have a Bachelor’s degree in Theology and a Master’s degree in Systematic Theology from King’s College London.
I was also a religious studies teacher and theology lecturer for several years, but later left to do a Bachelor’s degree in Law and the Bar exams.
Now you might think that, with my background and all of my studies, reading the Bible should be a piece of cake. Wrong.
Being a creative with a background also in art and music, I tend to get distracted easily. Reading the Bible can often become more of a chore than a pleasure, or it simply gets crowded out by everything else in life.
I can’t count the number of times devotionals like “Every Day With Jesus” have turned into “Every Other Day With Jesus.”
I’ve also been through a long-term wilderness of my own. I know how easy it is to become discouraged and for the word to become dry when you’re in that desert place waiting for a breakthrough.
During this time, I’ve been forced to depend on God alone and draw on his word completely.
It hasn’t been easy, and I don’t have all the answers yet.
However, I find I’m constantly learning new lessons and discovering more about God’s character and grace.
I want to share these insights with you as I go about that journey myself.
What is Drawing on the Word about, and how can I help you?
I created Drawing on the Word to combine my artistic and creative skills with my theological knowledge and passion for writing and teaching others.
“Drawing on the Word” means several things. In each of these categories, you’ll find content and resources of benefit to you:
1. Drawing upon or drawing strength on the Word of God:
- Bible studies, study methods or resources to help you gain a greater enjoyment or understanding from reading God’s word.
- Theological discussion of various passages, concepts or issues.
- Words of hope and encouragement to help and inspire you.
- Practical ways, tips and hacks to equip you to live out your Christian life more effectively and fulfil your God-given potential.
2. Drawing on top of the word quite literally
- Posts and resources relating to Bible journaling, verse mapping and other creative ways to read and study the Bible.
3. Drawing on or illustrating God’s Word:
- Biblical art
- My Graphic Novel Bible version of Luke’s Gospel
You can read more about it here and download a free sample by entering your email address in the form below.
When you download it, you’ll also be asked if you want to opt in to my mailing list. By doing so, you can receive notifications of the latest blog posts by email, newsletters to encourage you, and occasional marketing messages or offers to help you grow in your journey with God. If you do wish to keep in touch, please check the consent box.
I won’t send you any spam and you can unsubscribe at any time. Should you have any problems unsubscribing, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.